This square is dedicated to one of the most prestigious Sephardi poets dating to the Golden Century of Spanish Judaism, Yehudah ben Samuel ha-Levi (1070-1141). This poet was from Tudela and spent a large part of his life in the Christian Spain. Given into his passion for learning, he came to al-Andalus and spent a part of his life in Cordoba, where he was already famous as a precocious poet. This square was originally an open space at the confluence of Albucasis street (previously Portería de San Pedro Alcántara street ) with Manríquez street, which was expanded in 1958 when the Local Tourist Office building was constructed -current Police Station. Also the Andalucia Council’s Youth Hostel is in one corner of this square.