Formerly the Convento de la Merced [Convent of Mercy], the Palacio now houses the headquarters of the Provincial Council of Córdoba.
The Building possesses a wide façade, which includes the main façade of the church.
The Palacio is a fine example of Baroque style in Cordoba and dates back to 1745.
On the interior, the building contains a cloistered patio flanked by a beautiful staircase, all in the same style.
The Palacio also contains a Renaissance-style patio.
The church was destroyed in an arson attack, perpetrated a few years ago. The church is currently being reconstructed. The temple once housed sculptures by Gómez de Sandoval.
The church contains a series of important paintings, wherein special attention should be draw to a depiction of the Crucifixion, a jewel of 16th-century imagistic representation in Cordoba.
- Address: Plaza de Colón, 15
- Telephone: +34 957 211 100