The hamlet of Los Blázquez are the product of post-war restoration as the locality suffered considerable damage. At the foot of the Sierra del Cambrón, where the ruins of the walls of the medieval Tolote still stand, the white-washed walls of the hamlet of Los Blázquez are the product of post-war restoration as the locality suffered considerable damage during the conflict. The Town Hall and the church are also new white-washed buildings that dominate the bright plaza, elevated like a podium above the streets.
- The hamlet is located to the north of the Alto Guadiato.
- Distance from Córdoba: 97 km.
- Altitude: 508 m.
- Surface area: 101.6 km2.
- Population: 691.
- Term used to designate inhabitants: Blazqueños.
- Region: Valle del Guadiato.
The hamlet of Los Blázquez probably arose at the end of the 15th century, when inhabitants of the neighbouring town of Fuente Obejuna settled in a country estate within the area, using their surname, Velázquez or Blázquez, to name the newly founded hamlet, which was originally a dependency of Fuente Obejuna. Once a municipality forming part of the Cinco Aldeas [five hamlets], Los Blázquez achieved independence in 1842.